Do you know that I shared with you things, I've never shared before?
Do you know I loved the way you looked at me? Though it made me feel like you could see right through my eyes, like an open door.
Could you have imagined all the times I stayed awake at night praying God would take these feelings inside?
The jealousy my husband would know, if he were here by my side.
The gifts I bare, and thoughts I hold deep within my very soul.
Like a rose petal falling to a dusty wood floor, when no one cared to admire or adore.
My heart sank as I read and re-read your very words, I prayed to our Father " why oh Lord"
I never meant to experience such harm, but the way we shared did cause alarm.
So many times I just wanted to be held tight, for you to tell me, "Darling it'll be alright."
So many times I pondered with fright, "God I feel like I can't take anymore tonight."
Crying at the very thought, that a man like you , I would be sought.
Here I am alone again, not once, or twice, but more over than I'd like to think.
I was forgotten about in the matter of a blink.
I pray God takes away the pride inside, I pray God gives grace to walk through the fight.
I pray for steady calm gentle soul, I pray for forgiveness, and I pray once more.
"Lord lead me through this very night, as I face the one who gives me a fright."
Still scared to see your face at all, still scared to be around leaning against the wall.
Once you fought, once you were there. I turned around and you were no where.
" Can I stay, and be by his side. Lord help lay down my own very pride."
Again and again, He calls me to this. Again and again His love is pure bliss.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment