A light, in the midst of clouds.
Black night, I hold on tight.
To a light, a glimpse of what I see.
I look to the light for encouraging words.
I look to the night to hide from the light.
My body confuses me.
I want the light, I want the night.
How can this possibly be?
One body, One soul, two ways to go.
Which heart will she possible see?
A light, in the midst of clouds.
Black night, I hold on tight.
To a light, a glimpse is what I see.
I look to the light for encouraging words.
I look to the night, to hide from the light.
My body confuses me.
She struggles with in.
Inward she cries, Inward outwardly flees.
"Be rid, be gone, be done with thee"
She cries, she pleas with eye's that cannot see.
A light, in a midst of clouds.
Black night, she holds on tight.
To a light, she see a glimpse.
She looks to the light for encouraging words.
She looks to the night, to hide from the light.
Her body, confuses thee.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
this is a beautiful depiction of uncertainty. its a lovely sense of irony mixed with foreshadow i think.
I look to the light for encouraging words.
I look to the night, to hide from the light.
like you know, inside of that light you will find those encouraging words but you kicking yourself basically because no matter how bad you know you need to hear those words, you dont wanna. so your hidding from the light where the encouraging words will be coming from, but you know thats really where you should be headed. but we as humans do that so often. the opposite of what we really know is best for ourselves. its human nature, with a twisted spin.
She struggles with in.
Inward she cries, Inward outwardly flees.
"Be rid, be gone, be done with thee"
She cries, she pleas with eye's that cannot see.
PS. this is the line that i txt you about that i feel in love with lol <3 its fabulously writen & extremely tasteful in expressiveness.
I love the contrast between the two natures in this one. It is something we all deal with everyday, and it can indeed be quite confusing and tiring at times. Good form, almost sounds like a song to me. Beautifully constructed, great expression, I can feel the conflict within you and relate it to mine. Great job and I look forward to your future posts!
- Brian
Post a Comment